Troubleshooting a No nameservers are defined for the server this domain is assigned to Error
When attempting to register or transfer a domain name, you may encounter a No nameservers are defined for the server this domain is assigned to error message:
If you see this error, the service's assigned server does not have any defined nameservers. Successfully processing a domain registration or transfer requires primary and secondary nameservers.
When a domain registration or transfer relates to a hosting service, the system passes the nameservers from the server record to the domain registrar.
Whether the registration or transfer and a hosting service relate depends on whether:
- The order contains both a domain and a shared hosting or reseller hosting product.
- The domain matches the Domain value on a shared hosting or reseller hosting service for the same client.
To resolve this, edit the server record in the WHMCS Admin Area:
- Go to Configuration > System Settings > Servers.
- Click Edit for your server.
- Enter a Primary Nameserver and Secondary Nameservers.
- Click Save Changes.
- Repeat this process for each server record.
- Reattempt the domain registration.