An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again
An error stating An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again may occur in a modal window inside WHMCS and look like this:
This guide provides troubleshooting steps to identify and resolve the underlying causes of this message.
1. Make a note of the URL displayed in your browser on the page experiencing the error
2. Make certain that this URL matches the WHMCS System URL setting in the General tab at Configuration > System Setup > General Settings.
3. If they do not match, make certain that you access the Admin Area using the set system URL or update the WHMCS System URL setting to use the URL you use to access the Admin Area.
For steps to update the WHMCS System URL setting, see Updating the System URL.
A PHP error could be occurring. To capture the error details:
1. Navigate to Configuration > System Setup > General Settings > Other tab
2. Enable the Log Errors option
3. Click Save Changes
4. Reproduce the problem
5. Navigate to Configuration > System Logs and look for the error details.
If no error is logged, then your browser's network analyser tool can be used to identify the underlying error in the modal popup:
1. Navigate to the page experiencing the error
2. Right click on a blank space on the page and select Inspect (the exact label may vary depending upon your browser)
3. Click on the Network tab:
4. Now reproduce the error
5. A number of entries will appear in the Name column. Click on the entry which appears at the same time
6. Click on the Response sub-tab:
7. Observe the code which is displayed in the Response sub-tab.
This will contain details of the error that is occurring.