Troubleshooting a Cannot connect to host (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) Error
Admins may see a POP3 Connection Error report email stating that one or more POP3 connections failed:
Error: cannot connect to host ; error = stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to tls://mail.example.com:143 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known) (errno = 0 )
When you test the connection in the Email Importing settings, the test is successful.
If the connection test fails, see Cannot connect to host (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known).
This error is due to multiple support departments sharing the same mailbox and attempting to connect and import emails at the same time.
We recommend configuring a unique full mailbox (not an alias) for each support department.
To do this:
- Go to Configuration > System Settings > Support Departments.
- Click Edit next to the first department that appears in the error report.
- Change Email Address to the unique mailbox for this support department.
- Update Email Pass or Client ID/Secret for the correct account.
- Click Save Changes.
6. Repeat this process for each support department until they are all importing email from separate unique mailboxes.