Creating your First DirectAdmin Server
If you plan to offer DirectAdmin shared or reseller hosting, you must add DirectAdmin server details to WHMCS.
First, create a reseller user on the server. To do this:
1. Log in to the DirectAdmin Administrator panel.
2. Navigate to Account Manager > Create Reseller.
3. Provide a username, password, and domain for the reseller user.
4. Select the desired package.
5. Click Create.
Next, add the server to WHMCS. To do this:
1. Log in to the WHMCS Admin Area.
2. Navigate to Configuration > System Settings > Servers (Setup > Products/Services > Servers in WHMCS 7.10 and earlier).
3. Click Add New Server.
4. Provide the following information:
- The server module (DirectAdmin).
- Your server's hostname and IP address.
- Your DirectAdmin reseller username.
- Your DirectAdmin reseller password. You can use a login key instead of the reseller password. For more information, see DirectAdmin's module documentation.
If you are unsure of these details, ask your hosting provider or system administrator.
Click Test Connection to ensure that WHMCS is able to communicate. You should see a success message. If not, check the provided information.
When the test is successful, click Save Changes. The Servers interface will appear and display the newly-created server in the list.
Proceed to the next section to learn about creating a product which will use this new server.
Solutions for common error messages are published in our documentation.