Configuring your First Payment Gateway
Setting up a payment gateway is a crucial step in configuring your WHMCS installation. If you want to receive payments from your customers, you must activate at least one payment gateway.
The method for activating a gateway depends on your version of WHMCS.
To configure a payment gateway:
1. Go to the appropriate interface in the WHMCS Admin Area.
- If you use WHMCS 8.6 or later, go to Configuration > Apps & Integrations and choose the Payments category.
- If you use WHMCS 8.0 to 8.5, go to Configuration > System Settings > Payment Gateways and choose All Payment Gateways.
- If you use WHMCS 7.10 or earlier, go to Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways and choose All Payment Gateways.
WHMCS includes many supported payment gateways by default, and you can find more in the WHMCS Marketplace.
2. Find the desired payment gateway in the list (for example, Stripe) and click on it.
3. Click Activate. The system will redirect you to the configuration form for that payment gateway.
Each payment gateway requires its own set of credentials, which vary from gateway to gateway. For more information, see the documentation for your payment gateway module.
4. Click Save Changes.
5. Repeat these steps for each payment gateway you want to use.