Creating Your First WP Squared Product
To sell something using WHMCS, you need to configure a product.
The steps below create a WP Squared product in WHMCS. In WHMCS 8.8 and later, you can easily offer WordPress hosting to your customers on a WP Squared server. WP Squared, a WebPros product, hosts and manages WordPress-specific accounts while offering a specially-tailored version of WHM that meets all of the needs of WordPress hosts.
- To configure a WP Squared product, you will first need a WP Squared server. For more information about using WP Squared servers with WHMCS, see WP Squared Account Provisioning.
- WHMCS offers several different ways to incorporate WordPress into your hosting product offerings. For more information, see WP Toolkit and WordPress Hosting.
You will need to create a product group before creating your first product. For steps to do this, see Setting Up Your First Product Group.
To create a WP Squared hosting product:
1. Go to Configuration > System Settings > Products/Services.
2. Click Create a New Product.
3. Choose Shared Hosting for Product Type.
4. Choose the desired product group.
5. Enter a name for the product.
6. For Module, select WP Squared.
7. Click Continue. A new page will appear.
8. In the Details tab, set the product's tagline and descriptions.
9. Check Require Domain. This is required for creating a hosting product.
10. Select a Welcome Email to send when provisioning the product.
WHMCS comes with several pre-made welcome email templates that you can customize at Configuration > System Settings > Email Templates.
11. In the Pricing tab, set the desired pricing options for the product.
To do this, select Recurring as the Payment Type, and then specify the desired monthly prices. You can also enter a Setup Fee.
For this example, the product will only be available on a monthly basis.
You can set up as many pricing options as you wish during this step.
12. In the Module Settings tab, choose the WP Squared module and fill out the remaining product information.
13. For WP Squared products, select a package fromWHM Package Name.
The WHM Package Name menu populates after you select the module. The package list comes from WHM on your server, and WHMCS only reads them.
14. Select the automatic setup behavior at the bottom of the tab.
15. Click Save Changes.