Creating your first Plesk server
If you plan to offer Plesk shared or reseller hosting in your product offering, the first step is to add Plesk server details to WHMCS.
First, we need to create an API token from the server. To do this:
1. Log in to Plesk and go to the Service Provider view.
2. Navigate to Hosting Services > Resellers.
3. Click Add New Reseller.
3. Enter your desired reseller details, username, and password. Select the desired Service Plan to apply.
4. Click OK.
Now you can add the server to WHMCS. To do this:
1. Log in to your WHMCS admin area.
2. Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Servers.
3. Click on Add New Server.
4. Provide the following information:
- The server name.
- Your server's hostname and IP address.
- Your server's nameserver information.
- The server type (Plesk).
- Your Plesk reseller username.
- Your Plesk reseller password.
Click Test Connection to ensure that WHMCS is able to communicate.
You should see a Successful! message. If not, double-check all of the inserted details.
If you have a non-standard (8443) port for Plesk, enter the port number in the Access Hash section of the Servers interface.
Once the test is successful, click Save Changes.
The Servers interface will appear, displaying the newly-added server in the list.
Proceed to the next section to learn about creating a product to use this new server.
Solutions for common error messages are published in our documentation.