Creating your first cPanel Server
Watch our video on adding a cPanel server, or scroll down to read the illustrated guide below.
If you plan to include cPanel shared or reseller hosting in your product offering, the first step is to add your cPanel server details to WHMCS.
First, to create an API token from the server:
1. Log in to WHM and navigate to Development > Manage API Tokens.
2. Click Generate Token.
3. Enter your desired token name. We recommended making this easy to identify. For this example, we will use WHMCS.
4. Assign all of the necessary permissions. To allow access, check the box next to the permission, or, to remove it, uncheck the box. For a full list of permissions you need, see our required permissions list.
5. Click Save.
The next screen that you see will show the API token. Make sure to note this, since you will need it in future steps.
After you copy the token, click Yes, I saved my token.
Now we are ready to add the server to WHMCS.
1. Log in to your WHMCS admin area.
2. Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Servers.
3. Click Add New Server.
4. Provide the following information:
- The server name.
- Your server hostname and IP address.
- Your server's nameserver information.
- The server type (cPanel).
- Your WHM username.
- The API token you copied from the step above.
If you are unsure of these details, ask your hosting provider or system administrator, who will be able to give you more information.
Next, click Test Connection to ensure WHMCS is able to communicate.
You should see a Successful! message. If not, double-check all of the inserted details.
Once the test is successful, click Save Changes.
The Servers interface will appear, displaying the newly-added server in the list.
Proceed to the next section to learn about creating a product that uses this new server.