Creating Your First cPanel Server
Watch our video on adding a cPanel server, or scroll down to read the illustrated guide below.
If you plan to include cPanel shared or reseller hosting in your product offering, the first step is to add your cPanel & WHM server details to WHMCS.
First, create an API token in WHM. For more information, see cPanel's API Token Documentation.
Make sure to note the API token. You will need this in subsequent steps and cannot retrieve the token again later.
Next, add the server to WHMCS:
1. Log in to your WHMCS Admin Area.
2. Navigate to Configuration > System Settings > Servers (Setup > Products/Services > Servers in WHMCS 7.10 and earlier).
3. Click Add New Server.
4. Provide the following information:
- The server module (cPanel).
- Your server hostname or IP address.
- Your WHM username.
- The API token you created.
For more information about these details, ask your hosting provider or system administrator.
Click Test Connection to ensure WHMCS is able to communicate.
You should see a success message. If not, double-check all your entered details.
Once the test succeeds, click Save Changes.
The Servers interface will appear, displaying the newly-added server in the list.
Proceed to the next section to learn about creating a product that uses this new server.