Creating Your First VPS/Dedicated Server Product
To sell something using WHMCS, you need to configure a product.
Server/VPS products provision a VPS, dedicated, or other type of server. The client will be prompted to select a hostname, root password, and nameserver prefixes when ordering.
You will need to create a product group before creating your first product. For steps to do this, see How to Set Up Your First Product Group.
To create a shared hosting product:
1. Go to Configuration > System Settings > Products/Services (Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services in WHMCS 7.10 and earlier).
2. Click Create a New Product.
3. Choose Server/VPS for Product Type.
4. Choose the desired product group.
5. Enter a name for the product.
6. If you have already set up the server or know the module you want to use, select it for Module.
7. Click Continue. A new page will appear.
8. In the Details tab, set the Product Description.
9. Check Require Domain. This is required for creating a hosting product.
10. Select a Welcome Email to send when provisioning the product.
WHMCS comes with several pre-made welcome email templates that you can customize at Configuration > System Settings > Email Templates (Setup > Email Templates in WHMCS 7.10 and earlier).
11. In the Pricing tab, set the desired pricing options for the product.
To do this, select Recurring as the Payment Type, and then specify the desired monthly prices. You can also enter aSetup Fee.
For this example, the product will only be available on a monthly basis.
You can set up as many pricing options as you wish during this step.
12. In the Module Settings tab, choose the module and fill out the remaining product information.
In this example, Auto Release is preselected because it was chosen in an earlier step.
13. Specify the actions for the module. In this example, the system will automatically open a Support Ticket for any of the listed actions.
14. Select the Admin ID for the admin that receives the ticket and Support Dept ID for the department to send tickets to.
15. Select the automatic setup behavior at the bottom of the tab.
16. Click Save Changes.