Configuring Payment Reminders
In this guide, we will go through the steps to configure and enable payment reminders for your customers.
Before you begin, make sure you have set up your system cron job.
Then, navigate to Configuration > System Settings > Automation Settings (Setup > Automation Settings in WHMCS 7.10 and earlier).
In the Billing Settings section, configure the Payment Reminder settings and the Overdue Notices we want to send. This example sets up the following conditions:
- Invoice Generation 14 days before the due date.
- Payment Reminder Emails enabled.
- Invoice Unpaid Reminder five days before the due date.
- First Overdue Reminder one day after the due date.
- Second Overdue Reminder five days after the due date.
- No Third Overdue Reminder.
- Add Late Fee Days six days after the due date.
Then, click Save Changes. The system will now deliver your reminders based on your settings.
For more information, see our documentation.
Customizing the Email Templates
You can also customize email templates within WHMCS. This step is optional as we provide default templates.
For more information about customizing the email templates for payment reminders, see Customising Email Contents.