Checking for Updates
WHMCS automatically checks for new updates daily. When an update becomes available, a notification will appear at the top of the Admin Area.
However, in some circumstances, you may want or need to check for updates manually.
Check for Updates
To check for an update manually:
- Go to Utilities > Update WHMCS.
- Enter your admin password.
- Click Check Now near the bottom of the page.
If an update is available for your current Update Channel setting and your system meets its minimum requirements, you will see an An update is available message.
No Updates Available
If the check does not display an available update but your WHMCS version is not the most recent release, there are two possible causes:
- Update Channel settings are excluding the new version.
- The server does not meet the minimum requirements for the new version.
To resolve this, check your update channel settings and system requirements:
Check your Update Channel Settings
To check your update settings:
- Click Configure Update Settings.
- Make certain that you are using the correct Update Channel. We recommend the Stable channel.
- Click Save Changes.
After you save this setting, the system will check for updates automatically.
Check the System Requirements
To ensure that your installation is compatible with the system requirements for newer versions, review the system requirements and release notes for the desired version and any intermediate versions to find the necessary changes.
If you need assistance, contact your system administrator or hosting provider.
After you have resolved any incompatibilities, attempt to check for updates manually using the steps above.