Troubleshooting MarketConnect Automated SSL Installation
With WHMCS MarketConnect, SSL certificates can be configured, approved and installed totally automatically without any intervention from you or the client. Should this not be occurring, please check the following points:
The following official modules support SSL certificate auto-installation:
If the client's hosting product is assigned to any other module, including third-party cPanel, Plesk or DirectAdmin extended modules, the client will be required to manually configure, approve and install the certificate.
To check you are using a supported module, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services
2. Click the Edit link next to the product in question
3. Click the Module Settings tab
4. Confirm that the Module Name Settings is one of the following:
Supported Product Configuration
In order for WHMCS to identify the account upon which the certificate should be auto-installed, it must be ordered as a Product Addon beneath the hosting service in question.
If the SSL certificate is ordered as a standalone product, it will not be automatically installed and the client will be prompted to manually configure, approve and install the certificate.
To check the correct configuration, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup > MarketConnect
2. Click the Manage button under the SSL Certificates heading
3. Click the Other Settings tab
4. Ensure the Auto Assign to Addons option is set to On
5. The client can then place an order for this service in two ways:
- From their client area, navigate to Services > View Available Addons
- By visiting the MarketConnect SSL Certificates landing page (/store/order) and selecting the Choose Existing Domain or Subdomain of an Existing Domain options:
If you have confirmed the above configuration steps and the problem persists, further troubleshooting steps are located in this article.