Setting Up an Amazon S3™ Bucket for WHMCS
If you want to use Amazon S3™ as the storage provider for your WHMCS installation, you will need to create an S3 bucket.
To create an Amazon S3 bucket:
1. Log in to your Amazon account at https://aws.amazon.com/.
2. Go to S3.
3. Click Create bucket.
4. Enter a name for your bucket.
5. Choose your desired region.
6. Configure the other bucket settings according to your needs. In most cases, for private buckets, you use the default settings.
7. Go to IAM.
8. Select Users in the left side menu.
9. Click Add user.
10. Enter a username.
11. Check Programmatic access for Access Type.
12. Click Next.
13. Select Attach existing policies directly.
14. Click Create policy. The visual policy editor will load.
15. Select S3 for Service.
16. Select all of the following S3-related permissions:
17. Under Resources, select Specific.
18. Click Add ARN under bucket.
19. Enter the name of the bucket that you created earlier.
20. Click Add.
21. Click Add ARN under object.
22. Enter the name of the bucket that you created earlier for Bucket name.
23. Check Any.
24. Click Add.
25. Click Review Policy.
26. Enter a name for the new policy and, optionally, a description to help you identify it later.
27. Click Create Policy.
A success message will appear:
28. Return to the previous tab and refresh the list of policies.
29. Search for the name of the policy that you created.
30. Select the policy in the search results.
31. Click Next: Tags.
32. Optionally, assign tags to the policy.
33. Click Next: Review and review the details.
34. Click Create user. A programmatic access key ID and secret will display.
35. Copy and store the displayed ID and secret. You will need them in order to configure the bucket in WHMCS.