WHMCS 8.7 Not Appearing After Checking for Updates
After navigating to Utilities > Update WHMCS and clicking Check for Updates, no error displays and the latest version remains at WHMCS 7.10.x
If an error message displays, see Updating WHMCS for configuration and troubleshooting advice.
The Automatic Updater utility performed an analysis of the current server environment and has determined that it does not meet the system requirements for WHMCS 8.7.
The Automatic Updater utility displays the latest version that is compatible with your current server environment. The update will not appear if you are using an incompatible PHP version.
To resolve this issue:
1. Update your server to a compatible PHP version. To update to WHMCS 8.7, your server must run PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, or 8.1.
2. Check to ensure that your server environment meets all of our system requirements.
For help updating your PHP version to meet the system requirements for your current PHP version and WHMCS 8.7 (the new version), contact your hosting provider or system administrator.
3. Go to or refresh Utilities > Update WHMCS.
4. Click Check Now. The WHMCS 8.7 update will display as available.
5. Click Update Now to start the update process.
We always recommend reviewing our Release Notes before you update.