Setting up Office365 as your Mail Service Provider
Set up Office365 in WHMCS
WHMCS comes with the ability to send emails out of the box, without any additional configuration, using PHP mail(). While this works in most cases, other mail providers may give you a better experience.
One of these methods is SMTP.
This guide is geared towards configuring and getting you up and running using Office365 SMTP
To set Office365 as your Service Provider,
1. Navigate to Configuration > System Settings > General Settings and click on the Mail tab and
2. Click Configure Mail Provider.
3. Select SMTP as your Mail Provider and choose a Mail Encoding.
4. Then, select Generic as your Service Provider.
smtp.office365.com for the SMTP Host and
587 for the SMTP Port. Select Password for SMTP Authentication.
7. Select Password for SMTP Authentication
8. Enter your SMTP Username, which will be your Office365 email address that you will be using
9. Enter your SMTP Password, which will be the password of the above Office365 email account.
To retrieve your SMTP details please visit your Office365 Admin Centre, or ask your system mail administrator
10 . Select TLS for SMTP SSL Type.
11. Click Test Configuration at the bottom to make sure that you entered everything correctly.
12. Once you see a success message, click Save Changes.
WHMCS will now use SMTP to send mail.
Troubleshooting SMTP Issues
For additional help troubleshooting SMTP settings, see Troubleshooting Email Sending Problems.