Setting Up Microsoft 365® (formerly Office 365) as your Mail Service Provider
Set up Microsoft 365 in WHMCS
WHMCS comes with the ability to send emails immediately, without any additional configuration, using
PHP mail(). While this works in most cases, other mail providers may give you a better experience.
One of these mail provider methods is SMTP.
This guide shows how to configure and use Microsoft 365 SMTP. We added support for all Microsoft services as a separate mail provider option in WHMCS 8.6. For more information, see Setting Up Microsoft as Your Mail Service Provider.
To set Microsoft 365 as your Service Provider:
1. Navigate to Configuration > System Settings > General Settings.
2. Click on the Mail tab.
3. Click Configure Mail Provider.
4. Select SMTP as your Mail Provider.
5. Choose a Mail Encoding.
6. Select Generic as your Service Provider.
smtp.office365.com for the SMTP Host.
587 for the SMTP Port.
9. Select Password for SMTP Authentication.
10. Enter your SMTP Username. This is the Microsoft 365 email address that you will be using.
11. Enter your SMTP Password, which will be the password of the above Microsoft 365 email account.
To retrieve your SMTP details, visit your Microsoft 365 Admin Center or ask your system mail administrator.
12 . Select TLS for SMTP SSL Type.
13. Click Test Configuration at the bottom to make sure that you entered everything correctly.
14. When you see a success message, click Save Changes.
WHMCS will now use SMTP to send mail.
Troubleshooting SMTP Issues
For additional help troubleshooting SMTP settings, see Troubleshooting Email Sending Problems.