Troubleshooting a The file /path/to/whmcs/index.php is corrupted Error
After applying the 7.5 update, you encounter the following error:
The file /path/to/whmcs/index.php is corrupted.
Where /path/to/whmcs/ is the location of your WHMCS installation.
This message occurs when the server environment does not have a sufficiently recent version of the Ioncube Loaders installed so as to meet the compatibility requirements.
This error will occur if you are running Ioncube Loaders version 10.0 or earlier. WHMCS 7.5 requires Ioncube Loaders 10.1.0 or above.
Update the IonCube Loaders installed on your server to version 10.1.0 or higher in PHP 5.6 or 7.0, then attempt the update process again.
It may be necessary to contact your server admin/hosting provider to make these configuration changes.
On a cPanel/WHM server, follow these steps:
- Login to WHM and navigate to Home >> Software >> EasyApache4
- Click the Customize button for the current configuration
- Select PHP Extensions
- Use the Search filter to locate the Ioncube settings
- Toggle the ionCube v10 loaders option to the on position for your PHP version
- Review and Provision the new configuration
- Once completed, return to WHMCS and refresh the Update WHMCS page. If completed successfully, you will now be able to update to WHMCS version 7.5
If you are looking to switch to PHP 7.1 or 7.2, please refer to our Migration Guide: https://docs.whmcs.com/PHP_7_Migration_Guide