Troubleshooting a Your system has ionCube Loader 6.1.0 Error
The following error message may prevent the update to WHMCS version 7.5 on the Update WHMCS page:
Unable to Perform Automatic Updates Your system has ionCube Loader 6.1.0. Please install ionCube Loader 10.1.0 or higher to update to WHMCS version 7.5.0.
Update the IonCube Loaders installed on your server to version 10.1.0 or higher.
It may be necessary to contact your server admin/hosting provider to make these configuration changes.
On a cPanel/WHM server, follow these steps:
- Login to WHM and navigate to Home >> Software >> EasyApache4
- Click the Customize button for the current configuration
- Select PHP Extensions
- Use the Search filter to locate the Ioncube settings
- Toggle the ionCube v10 loaders option to the on position for your PHP version
- Review and Provision the new configuration
- Once completed, return to WHMCS and refresh the Update WHMCS page. If completed successfully, you will now be able to update to WHMCS version 7.5
If you are looking to switch to PHP 7.1 or 7.2, please refer to our Migration Guide: https://docs.whmcs.com/PHP_7_Migration_Guide